Thursday, June 13, 2013

Favorite Author of the Moment

Cassandra Clare. At the moment, she is my favortie author. She wrote the series The Mortal Instruments which has five books and the prequel to that, The Infernal Devices. I started reading Thr Mortal Instruments back in 2011 when I had moved to Arizona. I didn't want to be there at all. I refused to acknowledge that I left Caldwell and moved completely across the country to Arizona. No worries though, I moved back about five months later. That period is what my friends and I call 'the lost Arizona months' but that 'it didn't happen'. Anyways, I refused to make friends or anything so I turned to reading and writing. I wrote a short story that I can't find anymore. But my mom knew I wasn't happy so we would take many trips to the nearest Barnes and Noble. I was in the teen fantasy section of course and saw a shiny book cover. So I read the back of it and asked my mom to get it for me. I started reading it in the store before we even bought it, and then in the car, then as soon as we got home I ran to my room and continued. Throughout those months (I tried to read them as slowly as possible) i read them during my workout, and dinner and out at places. There was also a little balcony outside so i sat out there often. Cut off from the world. I really pissed some people off.
I read the first four books of the series that were published at the time. I. Loved. Them. It baffled me that someone had such a crazy imagination or sick dream that led them to writing my favorite genre in a way I'd never read about before. Shadowhunters? Seraph blades? A country not on any mundane map called Idris? So amazing. I loved how the writing was in third person so I can read how each characters personality is by an unknown source that knows absolutely everything about everyones lives. I like how it was focused on one person mostly but we still heard about the other characters without it seeming like someone's opinion like if it was in first person. I don't know they were just amazing books. It wasn't too hard to read, again, because it's more of a teen book but i think everyone should read her books. Every one of you, go read Cassandra Clare's books.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment